Disclaimer: We are just regular homeowners, we are not responsible for any injuries caused from following this video. Please work safely and perform at your own risk. If you have doubts what so ever about doing diy electrical work, please do the smart thing & hire a qualified specialist to perform the work for you.
Our old microwave decided to quit working so we had to replace it. My husband and I made a decision to install it ourselves, mostly himself lol! We are just regular homeowners that wanted to do DIY, please see disclaimer above if you’re having doubts doing it yourself.
We had a GE built-in microwave oven, it was secured in two places:
- with a metal mounting plate at the back
- screws drilled through the top panel
Please check out my videos on how to pull out stove oven range before starting the removal. – https://youtu.be/5z9-rNJ-J60
Before you begin, read the instructions that’s on the manual that came with your microwave.
You can watch the full video on my youtube chanel by clicking on the vide below.
- unbox the microwave, it will have the following the contents:
- turn table ring
- grease filters
- charcoal filter
- exhaust adaptor
- cut the templates
- remove the mounting plate that’s attached to the microwave oven at the back
- remove the old mounting plate from the wall
- find studs to determine the new mount plate location
- drill holes to place the screws
- attach the mounting plate to the wall
- use top cabinet template to find drill holes location
- adapt your microwave to your ventilation type – you can watch my video on that here – https://youtu.be/hqTEzMJ4lqg
Tip: Microwaves approximately weighs over 50 poulds, so it is a good idea to have 2 people lifting the microwave for the installation.
- mount the microwave to the wall
- install charcoal filter – you can watch my video on that here – https://youtu.be/FtVHsRRvzN0
I hope you find this post helpful. Until then. XOXO